amazon

29 Oct 2015

Cristiano Ronaldo Set To Return To Old Trafford

Fans will get to see former Manchester United teammates, Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo in the colours of their club for the testimonial of the England international.
Manchester United have handed Rooney a testimonial in recognition of 12 years at the club.
The game will be played as part of one of United’s pre-season games in the summer.
Speaking about the game on Monday, October 26, Rooney revealed that all the money made from the testimonial will be donated to four charities, the NSPCC, Alder Hey Childrens’ Hospital, Claire House Children’s Hospice and the Manchester United Foundation.
“I would like to thank everyone involved in making this testimonial become a reality. Most of all I want to thank the fans for all their incredible support for me and the team since I joined the club,” Rooney said in the statement.
“The match night will obviously be special for me and my family but I hope it will be a night of celebration for all involved and that we can also deliver one or two surprises.
‘Most of all I hope the fans will come out in force and help raise as much money as possible for these amazing charities, all of which are very close to my heart for different reasons.”
Rooney according to reports would want the game to be against his former side Everton while European giants Barcelona and Bayern Munich on the list of possible opponents.
Rooney joined Manchester United in 2004 and has scored 236 goals for the Red Devils.
He has won five English Premier League titles, UEFA Champions League, the League Cup and Club World Cup.

2 comments: