amazon

29 Dec 2015

Neighbor From Hell: Woman Empties Bucket Of Hot Water On Nursing Mother In Lagos (GRAPHIC CONTENT)

What was supposed to be a joyful Christmas celebration has turned into one of pain and discomfort for nursing mother, Mabel Enwongomfon–Umoh, who was bathed with a bucket of hot water by her neighbor identified as Esther Williams.



According to our source, Williams, who is said to be in her late 30s, bathed Mabel with a bucket of hot water over a minor argument they had in their rented apartment on Christmas Eve around 8pm.

The incident left Mabel, who was still breastfeeding her two-month-old baby, with severe burns on many parts of her body, including her two breasts and abdomen while Williams cools her heels at the Isheri division of the Lagos State police command.

The report states that since Mabel was attacked with hot water by her neighbor, she has been unable to breastfeed her baby.

It was learnt that the victim’s husband, who identified himself simply as Umoh, apprehended Williams and handed her over to the police, foiling her escape plans after she realized the extent of her misdeeds.

Speaking from her hospital bed amid noticeably signs of pain and discomfort, Mabel, 27, explained events leading to the unfortunate hot water bath she received from her neighbor, who she noted they never had any previous disagreements.

    My neighbour’s brother and his girlfriend were fighting and they pushed themselves to the front of my door. When I could not cope with the disturbance again, I went outside to call the guy’s sister to come and separate them or make them leave our entrance.

    As I was going back to my room, Williams, who had nothing with the fight, asked why I called the sister, saying I was interfering in something that did not concern me. I told her that they were fighting in front of my room, but she pushed me. I was surprised because we never had a quarrel before then.

    That was how we started shouting on each other.

Mabel recalled that it was the noise from the fight that attracted her husband, who was in the room with their two children.

She said her husband came out to separate them and they were already heading for their apartment after what she thought was an amicable resolution, only for Mabel to run into her own room to carry the bucket of hot water, which she emptied on her.

    I was in the front while my husband was behind me. Suddenly, she went into her room and came out with a bucket and poured the content on me.

    I have been in serious pain since then, and I have not been able to breastfeed my two-month-old baby, who is my second child.

A police source, who confirmed the incident, said Williams had confessed to the crime and blamed the devil for the act.

“She would be charged to court”, the source said.

2 comments: