amazon

9 Sept 2016

Alcacer happy to play wide to accommodate “the best No.9 in the world”

New Barcelona forward Paco Alcacer is relishing the opportunity to work alongside the “best No.9 in the world” in Luis Suarez, and is willing to play wide when called upon.

Alcacer, who joined the Spanish champions from Valencia this summer, admires the fear that Suarez instils in defenders in La Liga and is looking to learn a lot from the Uruguayan.

Whilst the 23-year-old sees himself as someone that should play centrally, he admitted that he would be willing to play on the flanks if that’s what manager Luis Enrique wants.

The Spain international told Barcelona’s official website: “When I found out that Barça wanted me I was impressed. I thought of my family and there was more of a chance to say yes than no.

“Now I’m here with Luis, the best No.9 in the world and I’m sure I’ll improve a lot alongside him.

“In Luis Suárez I look at his effectiveness and the fear he instils in opposition defences. My position is centre-forward but if I have to play out wide I will do so.”

Alcacer will need to be willing to feature in several positions if he hopes to play, due to the form of Suarez, who has already scored three goals in Barcelona’s opening two league games, as well as Lionel Messi and Neymar.

Valencia struggled in La Liga as they slumped to a 12th-place finish last term, but Alcacer still impressed as he scored 13 goals and provided six assists across 34 appearances.

No comments:

Post a Comment